Friday, February 19, 2010

A little bit of everything....



Last night my Awesome husband was kind enough to run to CVS for me with coupons and 2 lists in hand. He must love me, right? I gave him very specific instructions and even had to talk to him on the phone a few times while he was shopping. He did Awesome!! He got all of the above for ....Here's how......


First Transaction:

2 Canisters of Wet Ones wipes 2/$4 ( used two $1.50 coupons )
2 Bottles of Neutrogena Shampoo $6.29 each ( used two $2.00 coupons got back $5 in ECBs )
2 Glade Sense and Sprays $6 each ( used two $3.00 off coupons got back $4 in ECBs )
1 Bottle of Aussie Gel ( used one $1 off coupon and got back $2 in ECBs )

Total after coupons was 17.57 before tax, he used $4 in ECBs that I had, bringing it to $13.57 and he got back $11 in ECBs.

Second transaction:

This one is a little tricky, I went over his receipts and the lady gave him credit for one to many coupons.

He bought 5 bottles of Soft Scrub Cleanser at 2.00 each ( he used one $1 off coupons and 2 Buy one Get one Free coupons )

Total before coupons was 10.00, and after coupons $5 ( plus tax ) This is where she messed up ( she also overcharged for the shampoo so it kind of evened out ), she gave me the buy one get one coupon 3 times instead of 2, so instead of using $5 in ECBs to pay for it he used $2 and paid .35 out of pocket. ( he bought himself a frappuchino lol )

It's confusing with the mistakes but Awesome no less. So now we have $9 in ECBs to spend and roll on other deals. So technically everything pictured above cost 2.57 before tax and counting what I have in ECBs. I will most likely use the ECBs and do another glade deal and get back another $4 and throw in some fillers like wipes or laundry soap. Normally I spend my ECBs to get a good deal on diapers but we are fully stocked on diapers for the next couple of months. Now about the diapers....

photo from www.diapers.com

I placed my first order from Diapers.com and hello loveeeeeeee them! I ordered Monday and got them Tuesday. If it's your first time you can use code GabeyBoo1 and receive $10 off your first order of $49 or more and free shipping. This is what I did...

I bought a HUGE box of Luvs at 35.98 and a jumbo pack of Luvs at 7.99, plus for fillers Gabers needed his own cute silverware so I got him 2 little sets of the einstein silverware at 3.99 each. Bringing my total to $51.95, then enter the code and I got $10 off bringing my total to $41.95. So out of pocket I paid $41.95 BUT there is a rebate you can submit,  if you choose to decline a free subscription to parenting magazine and they will send you $14.97 back in a rebate. So that makes my total for 207 diapers and 2 sets of silverware $26.98 which is only .09 a diaper ( i subtracted the cost for the silverware ), that is Cheap, Plus I never left the house!!! Woohooo! Also if you don't need or want diapers, they have baby clothes, toys, baby gear, everything baby. You can get anything and use the code for $10 off and free shipping as long as you add one pack of diapers to your order. This is great if you need a baby gift!!

 

Had to share a couple of giveaways I won. I won this last week over at My Frugal adventures, love love love her blog and she herself is AWESOMEly sweet! It's what got me started in couponing. I won this cute set of goodies. Plus a $25 target gift card, and a coupon for a Free Wanchai Ferry dinner kit, yummm! We LOVE Target!!! Cameron can't wait to have the fortune cookies :)



Back in uh October I won a gift card to Organize.com http://www.organize.com/ in the Gal to Gal walk ( a great organization that has a virtual online walk to fight cancer ) twitter party. I just now spent it as there was sooooo many things to choose from. Their website has EVERYTHING imaginable for your home. I was taking my time as I wanted to get organization stuff I knew we needed. It was hard as they have so many neat decorative things as well. I got a set of snapware for cereals and snack mixes and stuff, I got some little dino sandwich cutters for the kiddos, I got a purse organizer for the closet door, a collapsible collander ( love love love this ), 2 plastic bins for storing the dog and cat food, I got a coupon organizer, a plate rack which won't be used for plates :)


 

and I got this thing....We have no big fabulous pantry and are trying to make do with the space we have so this was perfect! Off our kitchen is a side door/landing to the basement and a second door to our bedroom that is never used as it's blocked,there is no room with the 3 doors at the landing for any type of cabinet to sit so this will hang perfectly on the bedroom door we don't use to store canned goods and things. This will help a lot as we have almost no cabinet space.

Wowsers!!! I could keep going but I won't :) Little man is up from his morning nap so it's time to get busy!!

2 comments:

amanda torres said...

I am cracking up at you sending O! Steven freaks out when I ask him to go to the store and then hand him the stack of coupons. One of these times I'm going to have my camera ready so I can show him the look on his face. Great job on the deals!

Nicole A. said...

LOL!!! You should totally snap a picture! It freaks O out to especially when he has to do more than one transaction, lol! I can just imagine what he tells the cashier, he says he always blames it on his crazy wife at home, haha.