Saturday, January 30, 2010

Couponing at Krogers....



Tonight we went to Kroger as they are having the Mega Event which is my most favorite time to shop there. I so love Kroger. The Mega event if you don't know is where you buy 10 participating items and get $5 off your total and at our store you can do that as many times as you want in one transaction. At the end of mine I got $30 off as I had 60 participating items and then came the coupons....I handed the sweet young and patient guy about 35 coupons and apologized, lol. He was so nice though and him and the young guy bagging were entertaining Cameron and telling him that the sweeper thing transforms at night into a transformer and hello you had him at Transformer.

 

Anyways, I spent a little more than I planned but I got A LOT of stuff and stocked up on snack foods and things for the kids that are normally so high. I got 4 boxes of wheat thins and triscuits for a little over $1.00 a box as I had $1.00 off coupons, The nature valley nut clusters were each about .30 cents a bag after my paper coupons, and e coupons from shortcuts.com ( I so love being able to use both on one item, this I just learned not to long ago ) The ritz were 1.00 a box after coupons, the fruit cups we got 2 free. You can't see it but the deli creations hot sandwiches were $1.00 each. All the goldfish I had no coupons for but with the mega event they were only .88 cents a bag and I love these the kiddos love these. The boxes of 100 calorie count snacks were a little over $1.00 a box after coupons.

We got 4 boxes of capri suns for less than $1.00 a box after coupons. Some other deals I got with coupons were French's Mustard, Franks Hot Sauce, French's Honey Mustard, French's Dipping Sauce and each were only .19 cents. Awesome! I got guacamole for $1.00, oh and my favorite deal was the Kraft Cheeses, each was only .99 and I got 6! That's awesome for Kraft cheese in my opinion. I got 2 Tombstone pizzas for around $1.50 each. I got 4 boxes of Velveeta Shells and Cheese for .61 a box. A huge thing of velveeta for 2.79. They also had good whole grain bread for $3.89 a loaf but it was buy one get one free plus there was a .55 off coupon on each load that I used making them 1.39 a loaf for my favorite bread.


I also got several boxes of fiber one granola bars for  about .60 a box as I had paper coupons that were doubled plus ecoupons. Not even close to everything is pictured, I stocked up on hamburger for the week, plus they had big bags of salmon, tilapia, and catfish for 9.99 and I got tilapia. We also got cereal, milk, eggs, juice, water, those kinds of things. Oh I also got 2 sets of ziploc storage containers, nice big casserole sized ones for 1.25 each set.

Ok I think that's enough....Wanna know my savings??? I saved $85.32 with my krogers card, 2.25 bonus coupons?, and with mfg coupons...........$33.67!!! A total of 121.24!!! Woohoo!! Seriously though once I see the total saved just from the coupons it makes it all worth it! Every little but helps, and even though $33 is not a ton of money it sure will add up to the end of the year.

So that's my weekly couponing. Do you bother? How's yours going if you do?

1 comment:

amanda torres said...

That's awesome! I so wish we had a Kroger in OK, but it's only Walmart and Target for us.